KENT is getting ready to rock to a new family music festival which will showcase the best of local and internationally-known talent – and help beat cancer sooner.
As World Cancer Day approaches (Feb 4) organisers are putting the finishing touches to an impressive line-up which they hope will inspire everyone to buy tickets and support the charity.
Event Director David Rivers said: “We’re very close to being able to announce an exciting, full line-up which will cover a huge range of music, from chart-topping bands to local acts who are now gaining national recognition.
“Cancer has touched us all in one way or another, so although Gig for Life will be a party to remember, it will also be a chance to celebrate life and recognise all the unsung heroes that help, care and nurse family members and friends to recovery.”
Sharon Baldwin, the charity’s fundraising manager for Kent, said: “Gig for Life is a fantastic opportunity for everyone to enjoy a one-day family festival on their own doorstep. Buy your tickets now, the money raised is vital, it could be life-saving.
“We also need volunteers to help us with our fundraising on the day, so please sign up here if you’d like to be part of the team.“
Tickets are already on sale online with a limited number at 10% discount from Friday 27 January on a first come, first served basis. To be the first to know when the full line-up is announced and receive updates, join the mailing list: www.gigforlife.co.uk
Melanie Wrightson, Community Engagement Manager at Gatwick Airport, said: “Gatwick is proud to be the lead sponsor of ‘Gig For Life’ and is encouraging as many people as possible to buy a ticket. As Gatwick’s national charity partner, we are fully committed to supporting Cancer Research UK in its fight to beat cancer at every opportunity.”
Sponsorship opportunities are also available for businesses and individuals across a wide range of the events and activities, from backing one of the acts to funding the wrist bands.
David Rivers added: “It’s going to be a fantastic day, you can be a part of it.”
Notes to editors:
About Gig for Life
· Gig for Life is a new music event created by Amber Creative to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
· It is a family festival for 10,000 people to be held at the Hop Farm, Paddock Wood, Kent TN12 6PY on May 27.
· Acts will feature both internationally-known bands and local musicians.
· Gig for Life has sponsorship from: Gatwick Airport (lead sponsor), Hams Travel, Tate Fencing, Formidable Audio, BookItBee, Impact Production Services, Simply the Best Events, Medi-1; Direct Design, Step Three Construction and Amber Creative.
· The event is organised by Kent-based event management company Amber Creative who have delivered Poofest for 6 years.
World Cancer Day on February 4, is an initiative between nine cancer charities when millions of people unite in the fight against cancer. Cancer Research UK is asking everyone to wear a £2 unity band and play a part in an ‘Act of Unity’ to beat cancer sooner.
The bands are available for Cancer Research UK shops: www.cruk.org/worldcancerday